This was delicious and really filling. I originally got my recipe from: http://ohsheglows.com/2014/01/20/cauli-power-fettuccine-alfredo-vegan/ and adapted it to make it my own. :)
Preparation/Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 medium cauliflower head - cut into florets
- 1/2 cup of soy milk (or non-dairy choice of milk)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of non-dairy butter (I use smart balance light)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 -3 cloves)
- 1 small onion chopped
- Small package of white mushrooms (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Linguine pasta of choice
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Add cauliflower to pot and cover it with water. Bring to a boil and cook until florets are tender to the fork. Drain water.
- At the same time put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
- Place the onions in a pot with 1 tablespoon of the smart balance. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Place the mushrooms and garlic in the pan and saute for another 5-7 minutes. Turn off and set aside.
- In a blender, add the other tablespoon of smart balance, soy milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, cooked and drained cauliflower, salt and pepper. Blend for several minutes until very smooth.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and in the same dish place the onion and mushroom mixture, pasta and sauce. (My sauce made enough that I have some to use for another dish later in the week).
- (Depending on how much salt and pepper you like, you may want to add more once the dish is put together). Place parsley on top for a delicious garnish and enjoy!
My entire family enjoyed this dish (including our 2 and 3 year olds!). You could also use it on other veggies or as a base for a vegan mac and cheese!
Hope your family will enjoy gathering around the table for this
delicious and nutritious meal!